Crochet, just as colouring and zendoodlen can be meditation too. And I happen to love it all!
Here’s something I made for a project to spread mental health awareness, after a lovely young woman was taken by depression. She was Dutch, like me and she had an amazing crochet blog.
There’s also some information about crochet and meditation. You can see it all here:
So as we’re going throught the Easy Now Mindfulness training I’m getting more and more feedback from the students about how mindfulness can work for them.
Here are some remarks:
- It’s really relaxing.
- It feels good to take a break.
- It helps me to get back to sleep.
- I love the walking meditation.
- It helps to calm my mind.
- I use it everyday.
- I didn’t realise I had so many things going on.
- I use mindfulness in my lunchbreak and now I really have a break and feel more energised.
- I’m generally feeling less anxious now.
- I noticed tension in my shoulders and I could feel it getting more relaxed.
- First I thought it was so boring and now I find the 20 minutes meditation to short.
- I could really notice the difference in just listening and being busy thinking about the sounds.
- I noticed being selfconscious.
- I notice I’m generally a lot calmer.
- I really like the short meditations.
- I have so many rubbish thoughts!
- It helps me to fall asleep.
- I noticed how I can be pretty critical of myself.
- I feel so much joy when I’m able to really take in all there is around me.
- I feel less stressed by telling myself not to be judgmental.
I have had a couple of busy days driving around Wellington to get the locations for the next school term ready. But happy it is all sorted now!
8 Week Easy Now Mindfulness Training will start next schoolterm:
- July 28, Tuesday 20.00-21.30 at the Moera Community Hall Lower Hutt.
- July 29, Wednesday 19.30-21.00 at the Northland Memorial Community Centre.
- July 30, Thursday 19.30-21.00 at the Linden Social Centre Tawa.
4 Week Easy Now Mindful Parent Training will start next schoolterm:
- Wednesday July 29, 11-12, at Churton Park Community Centre.
- Wednesday, August 26, 11-12 the Northland Memorial Community Centre.
- Thursday, August 27, 11-12 at the Linden Social Centre Tawa.
You can email Monique@easynowmindfulness.com to join or text me on 021 134 7541.
Each training is also posted as an event on the facebook page, just click the join button.
http://rnz.to/1A8FEtL from Radio New Zealand.
Why Punishing Ourselves Never Works the Way We Want It To http://po.st/iFeqKD via @po_st
“Just Breathe” by Julie Bayer Salzman & Josh Salzman (Wavecrest Films) https://youtu.be/RVA2N6tX2cg via @YouTub
20 Things To Do When You’re 30 That Will Make Life Better At 50 https://shar.es/12oFBr via @TheOpenMind8
Mindfulness meditations are not about getting an empty mind, they are about getting awareness of what is going on in your mind, about getting perspective and clarity. Accepting what is there and going forwards.