FREE Mindfulness Workout 🍕🍽🍎🌮🍉Mindful eating!
So here we are in March! On Tuesday evening we have Creative Mindfulness and Satuday 18 March I run a Mindfulness Crochet workshop! Also colouring is on 26 March again 🙂
If you want to eat less, eat more healthy or just enjoy your meals more, there are some easy steps you can take. As always, do not ask to much from your self, little steps give you a much bigger chance to achieve your goal!
1. When you are eating, do not do anything else. Just focus all your attention on what you are doing, eating! Put your phone away, no watching television or reading a book!
2. Before you start eating, have a couple of focussed breaths to calm your body and mind, there’s no hurry to eat your meal asap!
3. Have a check in with yourself, are you really hungry? How hungry are you on a scale from 1 to 10? Are you sure you want to eat now, or can you wait a bit longer, how much longer?
4. Part of eating is using all your senses, smell your food, look at your food, gently take a bite, and focus on the taste, and how the food slowly changes shape as you chew it. Is the taste changing as you chew it? Taste it as if it is the first time ever you are eating this!
5. Notice any thoughts and judgments that pop up in your mind. Also notice how you feel. Is there any relation between these all?
Repeat step 3, 4 and 5 a acouple of times, depending on how much time you have 🙂
6. Take notice of your feelings of fullness, and notice if and when you feel satisfied enough to stop eating.
7. Do not overeat because you want to empty your plate. Whether it is something home cooked, or bought at the bakery, there is no difference whether you eat it or trow it away. You have cooked it already, you have spent the money already. However you will feel better if you do not eat more than you need!
Have a great week, let me know how it’s going!